This year at Salone del Mobile 2016 in Milan, Marcel Wanders presented his surprise creationLe Roi Soleil for Baccarat. An ode to the know-how of manufactory artisans, Marcel Wanders designed this piece as a tribute to the illustrious monarch Louis XIV.read more
- all news
- 'le roi soleil' for baccarat debuts at salone del mobile 2016
- marcel wanders at the centre pompidou
- 'rijks, masters of the golden age' debuts in the us
- marcel wanders at salone del mobile 2016
- cybex by marcel wanders introducing the parents collection
- marcel wanders launches unseen collection for safilo
- marcel wanders launches rijks, masters of the golden age in amsterdam
- marcel wanders talent event at salone 2016
- marcel wanders sets time with new grandfather clock for christofle at maison & objet
- marcel wanders launches lounge chair for louis vuitton
- marcel wanders and vista alegre present new porcelain collection at maison & objet
- monster garden exhibits at musée des arts décoratifs
- new years wish 2016
- watch the kameha grand zurich video!
- marcel wanders talks eden at design miami/
- aqmw holiday set is on its way to japan
- personal editions exhibition at the design museum gent (in collaboration with boijmans van beuningen)
- gift collection colombo via della spiga launches in korea
- rijks, masters of the golden age debut at the frankfurt book fair 2015
- attend our exclusive preview of ‘rijks, masters of the golden age'
- marcel wanders shows limited editions at design miami
- marcel wanders presents rijks, masters of the golden age at the frankfurt book fair 2015!
- keep an eye out for rijks masters of the golden age!
- anticipating the colombo via della spiga gift collection!
- experience the frozen garden anew!
- gabriele chiave on the role of carpets at maison&objet!
- kameha grand zurich: a home away from home in images!
- rock your workout at the kameha grand zurich!
- relive your childhood with the magnificent rocking unicorn arion!
- watch the wallflower bouquet video!
- knotted chair joins vignelli center for design studies collection!
- where we work: the interior of the marcel wanders studio
- marcel wanders announces new gallery in its headquarters!
- from paper to reality: watch marcel wanders’ animated talents escape into the world!
- marcel wanders took the stage as keynote speaker at dwell on design 2015
- curious to see our best moments during the milan design week? watch the video!
- marcel wanders creates randstad talents!
- knotted chair premieres at museum of craft and design in san francisco!
- marcel wanders at salone del mobile 2015 (1)
- meet the people: our creative director gabriele chiave
- marcel wanders revealed!
- a mesmerizing interior experience by marcel wanders!
- milan design week 2015 sneak peak!
- launching the 'dressed' for breakfast and 'dressed in wood' collections for alessi
- the newest jardin d’eden table candelabra for christofle
- starring the century and loop collections for very wood
- happy 2015!
- premiering the new video on marcel wanders' for klm!
- bon bon chair
- read marcel wanders' interview on the cyborg collection!
- slow tech exhibition in wow amsterdam
- cosme decorte the muse and the pearl
- the eurasian garden to open at the oita prefectural art museum in japan in 2015!
- optical delight: the quadro collection for bisazza!
- jardin d’eden collection for christofle
- illusions wallpaper collection for graham & brown!
- introducing the mona bedroom for marks & spencer!
- the ornamental universe wallpaper!
- marcel wanders creates leerdam crystal vase!
- pupmag fotoshoot
- the kameha grand zurich experience!
- a family of cyborgs for magis!
- design museum holon exhibits knotted chair
- andaz amsterdam prinsengracht wins 'best design' hotel award 2014
- bangles to benches at the high museum of art atlanta
- light e-motion - watch the film!
- state-of-the-art clock for christofle!
- salone del mobile 2014
- marcel achieves personal & career milestone
- new aqmw product design
- magical new gifts for marks & spencer
- marcel wanders pinned up: from 2014, amsterdam
- marcel wanders for m&s spring/summer 2013
- salone del mobile 2013
- alessi dressed pots & pans, stainless steel
- happy new year!
- stedelijk museum exhibition
- cosme decorte portable face powder
- marcel wanders for m&s winter 2012
- valentine light for moooi
- andaz amsterdam opening party
- alessi dressed pots & pans
- marcel wanders for essenza
- moooi collection 2012
- the wanders collection for bisazza bagno
- new cyborg chair for magis
- saint-jacques luggage
- moooi salone del mobile invite
- moooi founders
- bisazza bagno launches the wanders collection
- marcel wanders for m&s
- marcel named art director for aqmw
- alessi dressed
- aq mw skincare
- cosme decorte magical face powder
- whispers for graham & brown
- join for anker carpets
- marcel wanders: interiors
- flos get lit, get ink'd
- klm business class service
- marcel wanders & corriere della sera
- salone del mobile 2011
- hero pin
- marcel wanders in designer people
- amsterdam creative capital
- target holiday collection
- moooi milan 2009
- flos milan 2009
- venus chair for poliform
- philadelphia museum of art: daydreams
- marcel wanders collection for de bijenkorf
- designer of the year
- graham & brown in milan
- mondrian south beach miami
- moooi first showroom
- westerhuis opening
- moooi milan 2008
The Centre Pompidou currently presents Cher(e)s Ami(e)s, a group exhibition that celebrates contemporary works that have entered its collection during the last five years. Along with renowned artists and designers from all over the world and different generations, Marcel Wanders is present with a vast selection of multidisciplinary works, that range from industrial pieces, personal editions and video work.read more
Amsterdam, 11 April, 2016. This year at Salone del Mobile 2016 in Milan, Marcel Wanders unveils his new, captivating designs and wonderfully unique product collections born from collaboration with various brands.
Marcel Wanders will present a new collection of eyewear for Safilo combining meticulously detailed high-tech production, technological innovation and an elegant, humanistic design aesthetic. A collection of Cybex children’s furniture designed to fit parents' lifestyles will also be revealed. Moooi 'Rebellious Harmony' will be showing 22 new pieces majestically presented in beautiful compositions on pedestals and carefully placed inside a mysteriously dark and seductive ballroom, along with 14 luxuriously captivating, and elegantly styled home settings, which embody the rebellious spirit of today’s creative community. Also being featured will be the newest addition to the Louis Vuitton Objets Nomades Collection, The Chaise Longue. Along with Baccarat, Marcel Wanders will present two new surprising creations: Le Roi Soleil and New Antique. The designer will be personally presenting his unique art publication, Rijks, Masters of the Golden Age. Also being shown: the B. B. collection, iconic furniture pieces for Qeeboo and a distinctive collection of Hans Boodt mannequins.
Amsterdam, 11 April, 2016. The Parents Collection is sophisticated yet playful, allowing parents to continue their cultivated lives, even with little ones in tow. To go one step further, the new range also lets moms and dads pass on their creativity to the next generation through design-forward furniture that seamlessly integrates, creating a dream environment in the home. “Furniture for babies should be stylish but fun, contemporary and simple yet safe. We have created a beautiful collection of design pieces that fit so well into parents' contemporary urban lifestyle that the arrival of a newborn does nothing to disrupt how the parents live,” added Marcel Wandersread more
Amsterdam, 11 April, 2016. The collection combines meticulously detailed high-tech production, technological innovation and an elegant and humanistic design aesthetic that is sure to surprise. Intricate and beautiful artwork organically spreads throughout the inside of the frame. For women’s eyewear Marcel Wanders has developed special floral and feminine engravings, while the unisex models have a more geometric and cosmopolitan design. These inscriptions act as a hidden and secretive reflection of one’s most beautiful self. ”I want to make you wonder and bring a little excitement to your day,” Marcel Wanders says.read more
Amsterdam, April 8, 2016. Today, internationally renowned designer Marcel Wanders launches his latest project in collaboration with the Rijksmuseum – the unique art publication Rijks, Masters of the Golden Age, which pays homage to the 17th-Century Dutch masterpieces from theRijksmuseum’s prestigious Gallery of Honour. In this historic setting, Marcel Wanders handed over the first Limited Edition exemplar to museum director Wim Pijbes.
During Salone del Mobile 2016 we are hosting a special event to meet new design talent. Want to learn more about Marcel Wanders as an employer and present your portfolio? Please register and find out more details here. See you in Milan!
Marcel Wanders sets time with new Grandfather clock for Christofle at Maison & Objet.
Marcel Wanders presents his latest additions to the Jardin d'Eden collection for Christofle at Maison & Objet, January 22-26, 2016. These items are meticulously crafted from glass, stainless steel, porcelain and wood, and serve as a testimony for how design can uplift the human spirit.
Marcel Wanders launches Lounge Chair for Louis Vuitton
Marcel Wanders announces his Lounge Chair, as part of the Nomad Collection presented at Louis Vuitton Miami last December during Design Miami/. Along with other world renown designers, Marcel Wanders has created a one-of-a-kind product for the showcase.
“Our charge to ourselves was to create with logic but to keep the dream inside. I wanted to make something that connects to the idea of the Nomade, but that is functional, transient, and of course, beautiful,” Marcel explains.
Marcel Wanders and Vista Alegre present new porcelain collection at Maison & Objet
In collaboration with Vista Alegre, Marcel Wanders is launching the Blue Ming collection at Maison & Objet, January 22-26, 2016. The porcelain pieces being launched are part of an expansive collection entirely designed with a pattern that re-interprets traditional Delft Blue on white.
Monster Garden exhibits at Musée des Arts Décoratifs.
Marcel Wanders has woven twenty years of history into a new carpet called Monster Garden that is being showcased at Musée des Arts Décoratifs, from January 21 throughout June 12, 2016. The concept for the intricate carpet, rich with expressive colours, was born from a desire to create luxurious artistry that is shared by Marcel Wanders and Pierre Frey.
December 2015read more
Chocolate-patterned wall paneling. Mini-bars transformed into bank vaults. Lamps that resemble oversized cowbells. Spend time with Marcel Wanders and creative director Karin Krautgartner, as they share the imagination behind the Kameha Grand Zurich - an hotel that captures the heritage of Zurich and brings its culture to life.
On Thursday, December 3rd from 5:00 to 6:00 PM, Wanders will appear in a Design Miami/ “Collectors Lounge Talk” moderated by Tony Chambers, Editor-in-Chief of Wallpaper*. In a conversation with Revolution design developer Robbie Antonio, Wanders will discuss the intersection of precrafted architecture and high design, its accessibility and relevance in today’s world.
This Christmas Marcel Wanders and AQMW present the fourth limited edition AQMW makeup set for the holiday season. The unique theme for this year is a beautiful lock and letter addressed to all Japanese women. The customized items in the set include delicious lip gloss, blush that resembles a notepad, eyeliner in the shape of a pen and eye shadow that takes after a lock.
Personal Editions exhibition at the Design Museum Gent (in collaboration with Boijmans van Beuningen)
Design Museum Gent is presenting nearly 500 design objects, ranging from silver, glassware and ceramics to contemporary furniture, fashion and graphic design from Belgium and the Netherlands. Marcel Wanders’ Personal Editions is present with Fragile Fingers on a Grand Piano, his One Minute Delft Blue Plate collection and One Minute Delft Blue Vase collection.
The launch of the Colombo Via della Spiga Gift Collection from Marcel Wanders has arrived. During two VIP fashion events in Seoul, these exquisite products were on display for the first time. The stunning collection is an ensemble of four beautifully-crafted iconic travel items for those who desire to live every moment in style.read more
Rijks, Masters of the Golden Age, the groundbreaking volume that shares over 60 of the greatest masterpieces of the past was presented to the world at the Frankfurt Book Fair 2015. Experience the celebration of this limited-edition homage to cultural heritage that is equally as beautiful and relatable as the story of how this book came to be.read more
Marcel Wanders cordially invites you to an exclusive exhibition of the groundbreaking publication, Rijks, Masters of the Golden Age. Step back into the 17th Century and come face to face with more than 60 of the greatest masterpieces from the Gallery of Honour of the Rijksmuseum that still influence how we see the world today.read more