At this year’s exciting Salone Internazionale del Mobile Marcel Wanders introduces brand new beautiful designs and extends existing collections in bold directions, for Alessi, Barovier & Toso, Cappellini, Magis, Moooi, Olivari, Poliform, LG Hausys and Very Wood. His presence is being felt across the entire city of Milan.read more
- all news
- marcel wanders at salone del mobile 2015 (1)
- meet the people: our creative director gabriele chiave
- marcel wanders revealed!
- a mesmerizing interior experience by marcel wanders!
- milan design week 2015 sneak peak!
- launching the 'dressed' for breakfast and 'dressed in wood' collections for alessi
- the newest jardin d’eden table candelabra for christofle
- starring the century and loop collections for very wood
- happy 2015!
- premiering the new video on marcel wanders' for klm!
- bon bon chair
- read marcel wanders' interview on the cyborg collection!
- slow tech exhibition in wow amsterdam
- cosme decorte the muse and the pearl
- the eurasian garden to open at the oita prefectural art museum in japan in 2015!
- optical delight: the quadro collection for bisazza!
- jardin d’eden collection for christofle
- illusions wallpaper collection for graham & brown!
- introducing the mona bedroom for marks & spencer!
- the ornamental universe wallpaper!
- marcel wanders creates leerdam crystal vase!
- pupmag fotoshoot
- the kameha grand zurich experience!
- a family of cyborgs for magis!
- design museum holon exhibits knotted chair
- andaz amsterdam prinsengracht wins 'best design' hotel award 2014
- bangles to benches at the high museum of art atlanta
- light e-motion - watch the film!
- state-of-the-art clock for christofle!
- salone del mobile 2014
- marcel achieves personal & career milestone
- new aqmw product design
- magical new gifts for marks & spencer
- marcel wanders pinned up: from 2014, amsterdam
- marcel wanders for m&s spring/summer 2013
- salone del mobile 2013
- alessi dressed pots & pans, stainless steel
- happy new year!
- stedelijk museum exhibition
- cosme decorte portable face powder
- marcel wanders for m&s winter 2012
- valentine light for moooi
- andaz amsterdam opening party
- alessi dressed pots & pans
- marcel wanders for essenza
- moooi collection 2012
- the wanders collection for bisazza bagno
- new cyborg chair for magis
- saint-jacques luggage
- moooi salone del mobile invite
- moooi founders
- bisazza bagno launches the wanders collection
- marcel wanders for m&s
- marcel named art director for aqmw
- alessi dressed
- aq mw skincare
- cosme decorte magical face powder
- whispers for graham & brown
- join for anker carpets
- marcel wanders: interiors
- flos get lit, get ink'd
- klm business class service
- marcel wanders & corriere della sera
- salone del mobile 2011
- hero pin
- marcel wanders in designer people
- amsterdam creative capital
- target holiday collection
- moooi milan 2009
- flos milan 2009
- venus chair for poliform
- philadelphia museum of art: daydreams
- marcel wanders collection for de bijenkorf
- designer of the year
- graham & brown in milan
- mondrian south beach miami
- moooi first showroom
- westerhuis opening
- moooi milan 2008
Gabriele Chiave is creative director at Marcel Wanders overseeing all projects in product and interior design, and art direction for a range of premium design brands and many other international companies and hotels. His passion is to express beauty through complexity.
Take a few moments to read this world-traveling art aficionado and jazz lover thoughts on design and creativity.
For Design Shanghai 2015 Marcel Wanders premieres a collectible design specially created for French powerhouses Baccarat and Christofle, together with his Personal Editions. The result of a partnership between the three brands, both existing and new designed items will be on display from March 27 through 30.read more
Private Residence Taipei combines Marcel's design signature with local-inspired elements. Each space is lovingly conceived as a jewelry box with attention to detail, richly decorative reliefs and bespoke furniture setting the tone. All rooms are individually designed to provide a unique experience.
Marcel Wanders' concept of two opposite worlds for the LG Hausys stand at Milan Design Week 2015 is not just a space arrangement – it is an experience.
Inspired by LG Hausys continuous material innovation, versatility and durability, we tell the story of the endless possibilities of LG Hausys' products in relation to our pattern design. The pattern was originally conceived around the themes of macro-cosmos, the layered, ornamental vastness of the Universe, and micro-cosmos, with its ordered systems and patterns which can be found on a microscopic level. This contradiction has inspired the space itself, where the rational and the emotional meet and HI-MACS becomes a piece of art.read more
Introducing the new extensions to the Dressed collection, the new 'Dressed' for breakfast and 'Dressed in wood' lines include a series of eye-catchers that will turn your daily breakfast experience into a memorable one.
Carved with love. the 'Dressed in wood' collecton is sculpted using a wood-cut laser technique and is finished by hand, to bring the materials' qualities forth in amazing ways. These items wonderfully dress your table setting and give a whole new meaning to your morning meals.
Altogether, these products offer a holistic tableware solution and dress any kitchen collection with functionality, intelligent design and personality.
In 2007, Marcel Wanders set out to create an extraordinary silverware collection for Christofle. With an appreciation for the finest silversmith’s work tradition, Jardin d’Eden is a family of exclusively edition pieces which celebrate outspoken etching work, noble materials and Marcel Wanders’ design. The latest addition is the table Jardin d’Eden Table Candelabra, which can host one, three or five candles.read more
Introducing the new items in the Century and Loop collection, a family of chairs by Marcel Wanders for Very Wood. Debuted at Salone del Mobile 2014, these series have now been extended to include dinning and lounge chairs, armchairs, sofas and bar stools. The Century and Loop collections offer sophisticated timeless seating solutions, specifically designed for hospitality, retail and public areas.
Happy New Year!read more
To celebrate the lasting and successful relationship between Royal Dutch Airline KLM and Marcel Wanders, a new video explores the project from conception to in-flight.
Made of epoxy resin, crocheted rope and metal, the 'Bon Bon Chair' (2010) is iconic of Marcel Wanders' interest in the combination of traditional crafts and industrial processes, in durability, fantasy and creativity for the benefit of humanity.
In Marcel's own words: "I want to make things that evoke new human connections and impact our lives in interesting and meaningful ways, and which people cherish and want to keep forever."read more
"By joining two disparate materials and two opposite production techniques, I wanted to underline the idea of artificiality. Therefore the name 'Cyborg'; an utopian improved version of reality. In addition, this idea of embracing two opposites and showing how they can connect to each other to create a unique and surprising whole is a recurrent theme in my work." Marcel Wanders said about the project.
Celebrate the Knotted Chair at WOW Amsterdam! Join the opening party on October 4th at 5pm!read more
With an inspiring, festive design and a precious feel, 'The Muse and The Pearl' compact powder is the latest addition to a line of exclusive beauty products by Marcel Wanders for Cosme Decorte.
'The Eurasian Garden' is a site-specific installation by Marcel Wanders for the Oita Prefectural Art Museum in Kyushu, a building by Shigeru Ban due to open in the spring of 2015.read more
Introducing an exclusive edition of timeless bathroom furniture solutions for a beautiful living environment. Custom-made patterns, in an edition of 10, are applied onto wooden furniture prominently displayed for a joyous character. The Quadro collection brings personality and delight to your bathroom and living environment.
Introducing several exceptional pieces of Haute Orfèvrerie, all gems of filigree extravagance, handcrafted know-how and endless beauty. Jardin d’Eden is a whimsical, luxurious and sensual collection, whose stylistically distinctive pieces render the finest of what the worlds of design and silversmith's craft has to offerread more
"I am proud of the collaboration with Graham & Brown as we share the same passion for statement wallpaper designs. The Illusions collection is an expression of an invigorating festivity, fantasy and sensuality I seek in my work. With this collection I wish to trigger people's imagination and turn surface wallpaper into a more three dimensional experience." - Marcel Wanders.
For Marks & Spencer's Autumn / Winter collection 2014, Marcel Wanders created several memorable furniture pieces for the bedroom. This line strikes for its strait geometrical style in combination with classical ornate wooden legs.
For this collection, Marcel designed a series of patterns that express the vastness and all-inspiring beauty of the universe.